The Doctor is “IN!”
Are you having a stressful day at work? Who doesn’t from time to time? But it’s not always convenient to step out for a sanity break. How about just stepping into another room? And would a furry little creature lift your spirits?
More and more businesses are allowing workers to bring their pets in to work with them, citing that it improves the connection between co-workers, boosts morale, and facilitates collaboration between employees. Many companies even have a designated or live-in office cat, dog, or in our case–rabbit! (they are quiet, and litter box trained!)
In our office we have a “bunny therapy” room and take it very seriously! I bring in “Jax,” my daughter’s rabbit, every Friday. He’s got his own room with a sign on the door, and anyone can go in and sit down and spend some time talking to him about their day.
Not only is a much needed ‘fun break’ relaxing, it’s been proven to increase oxytocin levels, which has a powerful effect on the body’s ability to heal and grow new cells! Studies have also shown that employees who bring their dogs to work produced lower levels of the stress-causing hormone cortisol. The added attention and exercise is sure to benefit your pet as well!
Of course, always take into consideration your building’s animal policies, your co-workers allergies, people’s fear of certain animals, and the possible nuisance level (noise, distraction, etc…)
- Almost one in five companies (17 percent) in the United States allows pets in the workplace.
- 75 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace makes people happier & reduces stress
- 47 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment
- 37 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism
- 34 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours
- 23 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace
- The most common pet brought to work is a dog (76%), while 24% bring a small animal, and 15% bring a cat
Please share your “animals at work” story! And stop in any time to visit Dr. “Jax” in our therapy room!
CRASH+SUES provides strategic storytelling and video services to ad agencies, businesses and film companies seeking to create meaningful connections with their customers and employees. We’re masters of ideation, design, live action video production, animation and color, delivering compelling content that engages, entertains and educates. Call us what you want – a hybrid agency, a creative boutique, a production studio, digital daredevils, or… just call us. We’ll help you cut through the noise. visit CRASH+SUES