Is Your Business Ready for a Professional Video?
More than likely, you already know that video is one of the most effective tools for increasing a business's bottom line. And I'm not just talking 'big' businesses. Small business are getting into the game, too, using video to increase the time users spend on their website and to provide shareable content. But where do you start? I'm glad you asked!
Answer the following questions to see if your business is ready for video:
1. Are visits to your web site less than 10 seconds?
2. Are your click-through rates fewer than you'd like?
3. Is your marketing strategy showing signs of diminishing return?
4. Would a video enhance your customer experience?
5. Are you interested in learning more about inbound marketing?
6. Are you planning to grow your market share or revenue by 25% in the next 12 months?
7. Is your sales team in need of qualified leads?
8. Are you interested in measurable ROI?
9. Do you want your business to create attention in a noisy world?
10. Are you looking for improved user engagement, brand awareness, SEO or improved website traffic?
If you answered 'yes' to five or more of the above questions, you're ready to add an 'introductory' or 'explainer' video to your website. Why? Because businesses, like people, only have a few seconds to make a first impression. When that impression comes by way of a website, the last thing you want to do is confuse and overwhelm a visitor with too much text. In fact, lengthy paragraphs and a complicated value proposition (or none at all) are a few of the primary reasons most visitors leave any given website within the first 10 seconds! An 'introductory' or 'explainer' video, on the other hand, allows you to summarize your company and/or your product in 60-90 seconds, leaving no doubt in the visitor's mind as to what you can do for them.
Most successful explainer videos use the following approach:
1. The problem – Address the pain your customers are having
2. The solution – Introduce your product or service as the answer
3. How it works – Briefly describe how or why your system works in a simplified manner
4. A call to action – Tell people what to do next
While positioned front and center on your website is where most explainer videos live – they can be used anywhere:
• Social media platforms
• Flash drive/DVD
Want to explore how an engaging, professional video can work for you. E-mail me to set up a free 30-minute consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got a video production in the works? Download our free e-book: Your Ultimate Guide to Business Video.